Thursday, June 23, 2011

Young Women's Camp

I haven't been to girls camp in 9 years. since I was the Beehive leader.  Since Dusty is the bishop we were invited to come Thursday night for the testimony meeting.  I was way excited!   I have heard how awesome the spirit is at girls camp and I wanted to be apart of that.  I also wanted to be with my husband. 
We left our kids with Grandma Janice, who lives a mile or 2 from the gate into the Heber Valley Girls Camp.  We ate dinner, visited, and then went to the devotional. Pres. Staker and Mandi Burton spoke.  Mandi had challenged all of the girls to remember the Living Christ and they did.  She talked about the tender mercies that are in each of our lives and the blessings we get from being the Lord's Hands.  Pres. Staker talked about the Living Christ and the importance of knowing Christ.  We recited the last paragraph  of the Living Christ, the spirit was so strong!  We separated into wards for the testimony meetings.  We had a treat and then the girls bore testimony of our Savior.  I am so grateful that my girls have these girls as their examples!
While we were there the deer would walk through the camp.  They didn't pay anyone any attention.  
 This one sat down so close.

No comments: