Thursday, June 9, 2011

More Skin Problems for Nathan


 So these first 2 pictures are of Nathan's shoulder when he woke up this morning. Last night he had a temperature and threw up.  Dusty and I had gone to the temple but my babysitter said he had fallen asleep on the couch and didn't feel good.  This morning when he woke up he said that his shoulder was hurting.  I had to peel off his shirt and found his shoulder looking like this.  Dusty told me that we needed to get him to the doctor.  Well luckily my friend and neighbor is a doctor.  Her husband is too.  She hasn't been practicing for a few years but is current, so I thought I'd get her opinion.  She knows Nathan's skin history.  After she saw it she was very concerned and called to get me an appointment today.  As it turns out so many doctors weren't in and the only one that was in was double booked, but was gracious enough to get Nathan in.   Before his appointment I stopped by the pharmacy that we use and got a list of all the drugs Nathan that had, a long list I might add.  He is also a friend and I asked him what he thought about Nathan's skin.  He thought it  could be MRSA and also thought I should ask to have it cultured.  At the doctors office Dr. Graham thought the same thing.  He is treating Nathan as thought he has MRSA  and also wants to culture it, however, he said it might not work since the bacteria grows underneath the puss and crusted goo, so without a biopsy it probably won't work and Nathan is too little for a biopsy, he only swabbed it for the culture.  He wants it to be checked out tomorrow to make sure it isn't any worse and if it is that he will have to get antibiotics through an iv.  I also have to bring him back next week  before the antibiotics are all gone.  He prescribed a topical ointment and then an antibiotic he has to take by mouth, not tasty either.  He also can't be in the sun because it will irritate it, no swimming or going to the park for awhile.
Because he did such a great job at the doctor I took him to Maverick for an Icee.  While we were there this lady grabbed his shirt and it hurt him.  I'm not sure why she did but seriously people keep your own hands to yourself!

This is his infection with the topical cream on.

No comments: