So I signed up for this year's UBIC Triathlon. I thought that if I paid money to do the triathlon I would train for it, a way to loose weight, because I wouldn't want to waste my money or hurt myself. So I did, but not very well so I was really nervous because I knew it would be really hard.
This morning I woke up at 4:45am to get ready. Dusty went with me and I had to sign in and set up at 5:50am. We started at 6am, but we were numbered and started the swim one by one. I think I actually started about 6:30am. I was passed by I passed 2 girls. It took less than 9 minutes to swim 300 meters.
Then on to the transition where Dusty helped me get ready for the bike ride. I was tired after the swim but once I got on my bike I had a good time. I listened to a podcast called Conversations. Sherri Dew was interviewing Elder David and Susan Bednar. It might not have made me go faster but I enjoyed my ride so much more listening to that! The first 7 miles of the ride were all hills. The ups were hard and the downs were very fun. The last 6 1/2 miles were flat or down hill down the Neola highway with one hill at the end. I made good time on the last half. Dusty and I biked the course and I was able to cut off almost 10 minutes from my time 2 days before. As I came in to the transition area to drop off my helmet and bike, Emma ran up and gave me a hug. She had spent the night at my sister-in-laws house and I didn't think I would she her but she came with my sister-in-laws sister so I was able to see her. As I was starting my run I heard "momma". It was Allie giving me Happy Birthday balloons and a big hug.
I ran the run which happened to be uphill for the first mile and I let myself walk part of it. When I got to the top I made my self run the rest of the way. When I was almost to the finish line Dusty and Allie were waiting for me and they ran the last part with me. When I got to the end my friend Shannon started singing Happy Birthday to me. Her daughters, Gayla, Rod and Cami Hicken, Laura Foley(Kendra's mom) and some other guy joined in signing. I went and gathered my stuff and went to the pool where they were doing the drawing for the prizes. I was only there maybe a minute or two when they called my name for a gift card to Stewart's. Greg Staker was the announcer and then he said, it's Cassie's birthday and got everyone to sing to me. It was awkward but very thoughtful! I had a great time and want to do the triathlon next year.

1 comment:
Congratulations on such an accomplishment. Also Happy late Birthday! Hope it was a wonderful day for you. Maybe I can get in shape and do it with you next year.
Post a Comment